The Fourth of July seems to be the perfect time to gather with family and friends for fireworks, grilling, and fun. Ensuring that safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds can help make this the best celebration yet.
Grilling Safety: It’s easy to still enjoy grilling your favorite meals while staying safe. Remember to always follow manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations in addition to the tips below.
- Check gas grill hoses for cracks, holes and leaks. Replace the entire hose if an issue is found.
- ALWAYS keep children away from grills and fire pits.
- Never grill indoors or in any enclosed area. The fumes can be toxic and dangerous.
- Never grill on a surface that might catch fire.
- Keep the grill at least two feet away from decks, siding, branches and any other flammable objects.
Fireworks Safety: Fireworks can be an amazing sight and so much fun if handled appropriately. Check with your local authorities to determine if there are any location specific rules you need to follow.
- Never point any fireworks in the direction of yourself or anyone else.
- Only light fireworks on the ground. Make sure the ground does not have flammable materials such as dry leaves, oil, etc.
- Don’t attempt to light multiple fireworks at the same time.
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks.
- Keep a water hose or buckets full of water close by. Having fire extinguishers close is also a good idea.
Water Safety: Enjoying water activities are a great way to help beat the heat! Be sure to obey any local rules or regulations in addition to the safety tips below.
- Never consume alcohol while operating a watercraft. Have a plan in place of who will drive and who will drink.
- Always ensure that there are enough life preservers for everyone on board.
- Keep a first aid kit near your pool and on your watercraft.
- Determine who to reach out to in case of an emergency at the pool and lake or ocean.
From all of us here at FreeRxPlus, we wish you a safe and happy Fourth of July!